My maternal grandparents, Harry William Linderman and Phyllis Eugenia (Palen) Linderman in 1930’s, Dubuque, Iowa.
- Daytrips Bavaria: 23 One Day Adventures in and around Munich, All of Bavaria, Plus Salzburg in Austria (elkinum.wordpress.com)
- Walchensee, Bavaria (nuitdabricot.wordpress.com)
- Unique Bavarian ‘air painting’ (astonishedxpression.wordpress.com)
- Bavaria here we come! – Munich, Germany (travelpod.com)
- Bavaria – Gelassenheit (photographymemoirs.com)
- Bavaria’s secret opera queens (intermezzo.typepad.com)
Land in south eastern Germany, and former Duchy, Electorate and Kingdom, and one of the longest lasting political units in European history, though its borders have changed.
The present Land of Bavaria (Bayern) stretches northwards from the Allgäuer, Bayerischer and Salzburger Alps to lands beyond the River Main. In the northwestern corner is the city of Aschaffenburg on the River Main; in the northeast are the upper waters of the Rivers Saale and Eger (Ohøe in Czech), which are tributaries of the Elbe and so flow to the North Sea; in the southeast are the Alps around Berchtesgaden; in the southwest Bavaria has some miles of shore on Lake Constance (Bodensee), the lake through which the Rhine flows.
The rains that fall on the greater part of the Land however flow not to the North but to the Black Sea. The Danube flows across…
View original post 633 more words